Thursday, November 5, 2009

The Jolly Green Giant of Blue Earth, Minnesota

After a long day of driving....

We arrived in Minnesota and the town of Blue Earth.

Soon thereafter, a band of brave men gathered...


To find....


The Giant.


And so they set off.

Down the street.

Past Walmart.

Into the night...

And then...

Only a few hundred feet away from the Super 8...

We found...






Jolly Green himself.


He welcomed us atop his pedestal.
.



And then flew up into the night sky,

Leaving us behind...


To wonder...
skyward.



Dubuque tomorrow...


What will happen there?



2 comments:

  1. A member of the Broadway revival cast of HAIR that I saw on THE EARLY SHOW this morning reminded me a bit of you--you with a long-haired wig on.

    I admit that I have only glanced at your post, so I don't know what Mother Goose is laughing about. That's O.K., though. I am not a cat that curiosity killed.

    The tour continues to sound interesting and fun, but at times I get tired just reading about it! I guess I am not as fond of being on the road as I once was. Still, I will hit the road for Kentucky early next week so that I can see OF MICE AND MEN in Hazard. Charlottesville is closer to me, and Morganton, NC, is another option, but I have stops that I want to make in southwestern Virginia.

    Carry on.

    ReplyDelete